DATE OF OPENING – 31 MAY 2019
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 17 JUN 2019
- Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four-year degree course under the 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
- Born between 02 Jul 2000 and 01 Jan 2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification. Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
Who can Apply?
Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) -2019 (for B.E./ B.Tech) exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) – 2019 All India Rank.
- Medical Standards. (a) All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulations. There is no relaxation in medical standard on any ground. Guidelines for physical standards are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in (b) Relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding the domicile of specific regions details of which are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Tattoo. Guidelines for tattoo are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- IHQ of MoD(Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2019. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from Aug – Oct 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form. You are advised to maintain your mobile number and e-mail ID until the selection process is over.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test, and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding the further change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call-up officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability of batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview if appearing for the first time for a particular type of commission on the production of tickets. Candidates are required to carry a photocopy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
How to Apply
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 31 May to 17 Jun 2019. The procedure for applying online is explained in Para 22 below.
- Online (e-application):- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
(a) Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate/12th Certificate.
(b) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields.
(c) All relevant documents (preferably in original) Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, JEE (Main)-2019 scorecard (indicating All India Rank) and a recent passport size color photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
(d) If any scanned document is not legible/readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
(e) Print one copy of online application form and carry it along with original certificates/documents as mentioned in Para 22 Note (c) while appearing for SSB interview.